[Simh] Imlac simulator

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Fri Jun 5 12:29:25 EDT 2020

Clem Cole wrote:
> This is so cool. That's a system I read about but never saw!!

They do seem to be somewhat camera shy, but they can occasionally
be seen in the "arpanet film", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tG7LZgOb-U

I think they are nice little machines, in spite of what Tom Knight
wrote:

   In my opinion (and that of many others) the Imlacs were a programming
   and support nightmare.  The epitome (with the possible exception of
   the similar GT-11) of the catch phrase "There is a special name for a
   little bit of intelligence. It is stupidity."

Too bad much of the commercial software is gone, or so it seems.