[Simh] pdp11 - console input with high bit set

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Fri Jul 24 20:42:22 EDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 01:22:38AM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> > I thought the high bit setting would be turned off if you used set tti 7b or
> > 8b but never verified.
>
> Which obviously won't help if the software running inside simh then expects
> MARK parity...

Correct. That was for software that doesn't want mark parity.

Probably should had quoted this from the posting.

> So basically pdp8 is always doing KSR. I assume that I don’t want that for
> pdp11.

pdp8_doc.doc 2.4.3 KL8E Terminal Input says it will not force mark parity
if you specify 7P, 7B, or 8B.

The rest of the context.

I am running it in the windows console.

I can see that setting TTU_KSR on the mode flags passed to sim_tt_impcvt will do
the job. The pdp-8 console hard code this bit on

else uptr->buf = sim_tt_inpcvt (c, TT_GET_MODE (uptr->flags) | TTUF_KSR);

the is also a KSR mode switch

MTAB tti_mod[] = {
    { TT_MODE, TT_MODE_KSR, "KSR", "KSR", &tty_set_mode },

But this only forces UC (sim_console.h)

#define  TT_MODE_KSR    (TT_MODE_UC)