[Simh] FW: pdp 11 timing

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 23:09:18 EDT 2020

RSTS/E likes to send a MSCP command packet to request a disk block, and
after that it will then set the interrupt flag for when the read completes.
The original implementation of MSCP was instantaneous reads, so the read
completed before the interrupt was set. RSTS then sat around waiting for
the interrupt. which would never come. This is the reason that delays were
added to simh device emulations.