[Simh] MAME and simh

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jul 3 07:19:24 EDT 2020

On 2020-07-03 13:14, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> I am not at all sure I agree with that... I think you too should look
>> at the VT100 technical manual and see how soft scrolling is done, as
>> an example of a place where the hardware emulation can actually become
>> rather tricky...
>
> Now I'm curious.  If you have a title and a page number, I will take a
> look.

I posted this last night, but here it comes again:

You really should check out of smooth scrolling on the VT100 is
accomplished...
(http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/terminal/vt100/EK-VT100-TM-003_VT100_Technical_Manual_Jul82.pdf,
page 4-97, section 4.7.9 - "Split Screen Smooth Scrolling". Emulating
those hardware tricks are not going to be easy...

   Johnny