[Simh] EXT : MAME and simh

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Wed Jul 1 22:06:47 EDT 2020

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 11:24 AM James W. Laferriere <babydr at baby-dragons.com>
wrote:

>         Hello Bob ,
>
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2020, Bob Eager wrote:
> > xterm works extremely well if set up right.
>
>         Following up on your note above ,  Would You or someone please
> post a
> URL for the proper setup of xterm to emulate say a vt240/vt340/... (ie: a
> color
> enabled terminal) ?
>         Or even the equivalent DecTerm color output ...
>
>                 Tia ,  JimL

Jim,

For xterm, these are the .Xdefaults entries I have on my Mac Mini -

XTerm*VT100*c132:       True
XTerm*VT100*Font:       7x14
XTerm*scrollBar:        True
XTerm*background:       black
XTerm*foreground:       green
XTerm*customization:    -color
XTerm*decTerminalID:    220
XTerm*utf8:             0

I use this with a full-sized Apple keyboard and it just works.

In the past I used a shell script to tweak various key mappings.

The xterm FAQ site at https://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html
has further explanations and a sample of the script you can
adapt for your keyboard as required.

Tony