[Simh] MAME and simh

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Wed Jul 1 17:36:04 EDT 2020

On 01/07/2020 14:34, Peter Allan wrote:

>  https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/MAME_and_SIMH
>
> The latter page looks like it should be just what I am looking for,
> but it describes using a VT240 ROM. My vt240 ROM doesn't work. My
> vt220 ROM does work, but when I follow the instructions to 'press F3
> to enter setup', nothing happens.

The VT220 emulation within MAME is just a skeleton, there is very little
code behind it. I did some work on it a few years ago (along with the
LK201) and I managed to get it to pass a few self tests but didn't get
to the point of displaying anything on the screen.

You might want to try the VT240 with the ROMs from archive.org:

https://archive.org/download/MAME_0.209_ROMs_merged/MAME_0.209_ROMs_merged.zip/vt240.zip

These should be the ones that were used to develop the emulator.

Matt