[Simh] EXT : MAME and simh

Wilm Boerhout wboerhout at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:53:04 EDT 2020

Hittner, David T [US] (MS) schreef op 1-7-2020 om 17:17:

> Why not use PuTTY for the VT terminal emulator, which is known to work
> with SIMH?
>
> What is the point of trying to use MAME for VT emulation?

While PuTTY is functionally "OK" on both Linux and Windows, it is not
particularly "accurate" as an emulator of the real VT102 (which it
identifies as)

A ROM based emulator may be more accurate, in addition to having more
lifelike fonts etc. I have no personal experience with Mame.

So, in all, it depends what you are looking for. I feel most comfortable
using PuTYY with the "Glass TTY" VT font (look it up, nice piece of work!)

/Wilm