[Simh] DEC H-500 Computer Lab Reproduction

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:47:03 EDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> wrote:
> https://www.instructables.com/id/DEC-H-500-Computer-Lab-Reproduction/
>
> It's a step by step guide, with parts and 3D print files, for building a
> reproduction of the late 60s DEC "Computer Lab" teaching toy. The site
> also includes the PDF files from the original.
>
> An interesting project for the do-it-yourselfers on this list.

It's an amazing build, especially the rocker switches.

It also has the advantage of using eyelets that fit modern mini-banana
jacks (2mm) that aren't brass and won't get scratched up.

I have a real H-500 but no wires and every few years, the discussion
crops up about fabricating a modern equivalent but no resolution as of
yet.

The videos of the reproduction in action are fun.

-ethan