[Simh] MAME and simh

Sergio Pedraja spedraja at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:46:34 EDT 2020

El mié., 1 jul. 2020 a las 15:35, Peter Allan (<petermallan at gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to get MAME to talk to simh in order to use MAME as a VT
> terminal emulator. However, I am failing to get the two to talk to each
> other. I have been using simh for over 10 years, but I only picked up MAME
> two days ago.
>
> I have tried MAME v 0.222 on Windows 10 and MAME v 0.208 on Debian 10.1.
> Both start up successfully, but I have trouble using them. I also have a
> set of 13 ROMs for several VT terminals.
>
> I have found some helpful information on the web, specifically
>
> https://zork.net/~st/jottings/Real-VT102-emulation-with-MAME.html
>
> and
>
>  https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/MAME_and_SIMH

Hi, Peter. This work to emulate the VT series under MAME using the original
ROMS is far from be finished sucesfully at all, I think. This appeared for
first time in THUS mailing list as an interesting reference some days ago.
I understand the curiosity about manage one DEC terminal emulation using
something almost similar in fonts and behaviour to the original ones (the
look and feel of the old computing devices) but it don't appears to be
interesting for everybody ;-)

But not my case, I clear. I am very busy these days but perhaps I could
take a look about it this weekend.

Cheers

Cordiales saludos / Kind Regards.

Gracias | Regards - Saludos | Greetings | Freundliche Grüße | Salutations
--
*Sergio Pedraja*