[Simh] Various

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Feb 13 19:21:03 EST 2020

On 2020-02-13 17:42, Clem Cole wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:38 AM Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com
> <mailto:clemc at ccc.com>> wrote:
>
>     I think I saw a card read/punch only once on a PDP-6 IIRC, but it
>     might have been a KA10.   I don't think I ever saw one on a PDP-8/11
>     or Vaxen.
>
> The more I think about it, there must have been one or two in the mill
> or the machine room in MRO, but I just can not picture them.

As far as I know, there was no punch for the PDP-8 or PDP-11. However,
there were readers.

And the PDP-11 reader controller sat on the Unibus, so it would not be
hard to get it working on a VAX either. If that was officially supported
or not I don't know, though.

There were a bunch of PDP-11 Unibus peripherals that was never supported
on a VAX. DECtape comes to mind, as well as RK05.

   Johnny