[Simh] Various

Jonathan Welch jhwelch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 11:51:52 EST 2020

Our VAX 11/780 had a card reader in the very early 1980s for reading in the
names and details of incoming freshmen so their accounts could be set up.

It usually required a few runs to obtain an uncorrupted read of the card
deck.

The IBM system that generated the cards was on the other side of a wall but
no attempt to have the two systems communicate with each other was ever
made.