[Simh] EXT :Re: Various

Hittner, David T [US] (MS) david.hittner at ngc.com
Thu Feb 13 11:48:49 EST 2020

My college, DePauw University (Greencastle, IN, USA), had a DEC card reader attached to their PDP-11/45 running RSTS/E, and later connected it to their new VAX 11/782(!) running VMS.
They made all intro students in 1979 learn to use the card punch machines and submit programming jobs on cards, until they finally got rid of the card punch/readers in favor of interactive terminals in 1980-81.

David