[Simh] Various

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Thu Feb 13 10:49:43 EST 2020

Among others, DEC OEM'd Documation card readers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se0F1bLfFKY

And old friend - the 1442 reader/punch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w62NC1R6WLs

And with the covers open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRxpmiScPA

I didn't find audio of the punch - which was quite noisy (and slow).

Note the dual output trays - program selectable.  Often one used for
accepted data, the other for rejects.

Operators interested in throughput (or lunch) would, contrary to
instructions, try to load and unload while the reader/punch was
running.  This could produce entertaining results.  (Jams - and avian
cards...)

So could the first time an operator encountered the "chad bin full"
error condition...