[Simh] More compelling use for web server in SimH

Christian Brunschen christian at brunschen.com
Fri Sep 20 09:48:48 EDT 2019

in MAME there is actually some web UI support for a few things - I added a
simple SVG / Javascript / Websocket based UI to the "esq5505" emulator for
the Ensoniq VFX/VFX-SD/SD-1 family of synthesizers, though I'm not sure how
much further use that has as yet. Have a look in src/emu/http.cpp
<https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/emu/http.cpp>,
src/mame/drivers/esq5505.cpp
<https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/esq5505.cpp>,
src/mame/machine/esqpanel.cpp
<https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/machine/esqpanel.cpp>
 and web/esqpanel/vfx
<https://github.com/mamedev/mame/tree/master/web/esqpanel/vfx>.

Build it, run it something like

mame64 -w -rp *[rom path]* -http -http_port 8080 vfx -midiin *[MIDI input
port]*

and then point your web browser at http://localhost:8080 for an emulated
front panel. The MAME window will show the contents of the display as well,
but the emulated display in the browser window will look much more like the
real thing, react to button presses (including the occasional multi-touch
ones if you browse from a touch-enabled device) like the real thing, etc.

// Christian