[Simh] More compelling use for web server in SimH

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Thu Sep 19 21:01:11 EDT 2019

When I did the (oh so basic) GRAPHIC-2 device support for a PDP-7 UNIX
"second seat" I mused that a more realistic experience might be had by
implementing it as a web page with a real lights/button box (a button
lights when you fill the screen buffer. pressing it clears the screen).
And further mused that one could do front panel lights and switches that
way as well....  The ideas didn't get a lot of traction, but I had some
free time on my hands recently, and implemented a tiny web server (with
websocket support) for inside SimH, and hooked it up today.  See if you can
figure out what it's for, and where the screen shot it from:

image viewable at: http://www.ultimate.com/phil/screenshot.png
(please excuse the clumsy interface, "I don't do windows"):

[image: screenshot.png]