[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 189, Issue 13

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Oct 20 16:42:42 EDT 2019

On Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 1:31 PM, Alan Abbott wrote:
> Tried this and failed at the make stage with errors (many).
>
> Were some stages missed out? There was no errors until the make stage.
> (Sorry I didnt make a note of them will do so tomorrow)

Sorry.  I forgot the step just before the make:

> > 	# pkg install git clang make
> > 	# git clone https://github.com/simh/simh
	# cd simh
> > 	# make pdp8 {or any other simulator}
> > 	# BIN/pdp8
> > 	PDP-8 simulator V4.0.0 Current     git commit id: 0de9b628
> > 	sim>

You won't need to do the "pkg" and "git clone" steps once these steps have
already been done.

If, at a later time, you want to pick up the latest simh codebase this will do it:

	# cd simh
	# git pull
	# make pdp8 {or some other simulator name}
	# BIN/pdp8  {or some other simulator name}

- Mark