[Simh] CONCOMP Project papers

SPC spedraja at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 04:39:29 EDT 2019

Hello. While I was looking for documents on classical computing at
https://discover.dtic.mil I have run into several ones clustered under the
acronym "CONCOMP Project" (1966-1970). The most interesting of this project
is its attempt to develop a permanent communication between a PDP-7 and an
IBM 1800 systems, identified generically as LOCOSS. This included:

- The development of a hardware communication interface.
- Modification of the PDP-7 assembler in order to handle that interface
- The development of software modules for each of the aforementioned
systems to interact with the interface
- The development of a "monitor" (aka OS, I guess)
- The development of a file system

I share the search link here just in case it might be of interest for
anyone. Personally I would love to see this primitive distributed system
running and operative, but I doubt that even the source code of each of the
elements that I have indicated could be found today.

https://discover.dtic.mil/results/?q=concomp

Cordiales saludos / Kind Regards.

Gracias | Regards - Saludos | Greetings | Freundliche Grüße | Salutations
--
*Sergio Pedraja*