[Simh] PDP-6 and KA10 software kits

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Tue May 7 02:24:05 EDT 2019

Rich Alderson wrote:
> WAITS also ran on the Foonly F-1 at CCRMA and a KL-10 at LLNL.

Off by one error.

> The KA-10 was always connected to the PDP-6 via shared memory

Is this required to get WAITS up and running on a KA10?

We do have shared memory between Cornwell's KA10 and Papenhoff's PDP-6,
so it should be feasible to support this dual CPU configuration.

> Yes, the KA-10 used the BBN pager.  We have it in Seattle.

Isn't it correct that the BBN pager was a late (~1974) addition to the
KA10, and that WAITS ran without paging a long time?

> Any pre-1974 WAITS.DMP will be KA/PDP-6 only.  Pick up the blob file,
> convert the octal dump to binary, and you're good to go.

It may be a great help if we are able to assemble a stripped down
configuration.  When we were getting ITS running on Cornwell's KA10, we
started off with ML ITS, since it only has standard DEC devices.  We
then removed all but the essential peripherals.