[Simh] PDP-6 and KA10 software kits

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Mon May 6 23:52:00 EDT 2019

> From: Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com>
> Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 09:10:32 -0700

> The PDP-6 list sounds good, is there any other software still available?  For
> the KA10, TENEX and WAITS would be the most interesting.

WAITS never ran on a bare KA-10.  The PDP-6/KA-10, later the PDP-6/KA-10/KL-10,
then the KA-10/KL-10, and finally the bare KL-10, were the SAIL WAITS systems.
WAITS also ran on the Foonly F-1 at CCRMA and a KL-10 at LLNL.

(Having spent 4 years getting WAITS onto a KL-10 at the museum, reading the
 source from top to bottom, I am quite confident of this statement.)

TENEX requires the BBN pager on the KA-10.

                                                                Rich