[Simh] [SPAM] VAX networking issue

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Mon Jun 10 10:40:28 EDT 2019

> On Jun 10, 2019, at 12:40 AM, Tom <madtom1999 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/06/2019 21:52, Zane Healy wrote:
>> I have a SIMH/VAX install that was on a Raspberry Pi2 until we had a power outage, now the RPi won’t recognize the SD card.  So I’m trying to migrate it to a VM (Ubuntu 16.04LTS).  It doesn’t seem to find the network.  I’m able to SSH to the host VM, so I know it’s on the network.  I’ve tried both the SIMH available for Ubuntu (v3.8), and current.  Of course this is the host with the Quorum disk for my Cluster.
>
> If you power down a Pi without shutting down  the operating system there is a very good chance the SD card is corrupted. I'd restore a working backup if you can, or reinstall the SD from scratch as you never know quite what is corrupted.
>
> Tom

That’s pretty much what I suspected.  In this case though, it was preferable to migrate to a VM running on my VMware cluster.  The RPi2 will likely be repurposed for SIMH or something else.  It looks like both my RPi3’s survived the experience (DPS-8 and KLH10), and I want to get them moved into one of my racks (right now they’re in a rather precarious place on the floor).  Oddly enough, I’ve been considering a UPS for the Raspberry Pi’s.

Zane