[Simh] Release of PDP10 KA/KI and PDP6 simulators.

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Thu Jul 11 15:49:18 EDT 2019

> From: Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com>
> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:23:28 -0700

>> On Jul 10, 2019, at 4:29 AM, Richard Cornwell <rich at sky-visions.com> wrote:

>> I am pleased to announce a new set of simulators for the PDP10 series of
>> computers by DEC. The simulators currently run the PDP6, KA10 and KI10. I
>> will be adding the KL10 later. The KA10 and KI10 simulators will run Tops 10
>> up to version 6.03. KA10 will run ITS and includes support for many of the
>> custom devices and networking. The KA10 also will run various versions of
>> WAITS (including those that use the BBN pager).

> Congratulations!  This is exciting news!  I’ll update my DEC emulation
> website as soon as I can.  My thanks to all involved for their efforts.  I’m
> particularly interested in the possibility of running WAITS.

I would just like to point out that WAITS has been running on a KL-10 at LCM+L
for several years, after I spent about 4 years on various parts of getting the
OS onto a disk, creating a system for turning Bruce and Martin's blob files
into DART tape images, and loading files onto the disks.

I discovered by accident that WAITS will run just fine under the KLH10 version
of the KL-10, since it will run with RSX-20F as well as KLDCP, depending on
the start address.

                                                                Rich