[Simh] Release of PDP10 KA/KI and PDP6 simulators.

Richard Cornwell rich at sky-visions.com
Wed Jul 10 18:57:22 EDT 2019

Hi Mike,

> Very cool. I look forward to playing with this. I notice some
> references to WAITS. Does that mean someone's found a copy to test
> your new simulators with or merely that you emulate a hardware
> configuration that WAITS was known to work on, should anybody ever
> uncover a lost tape or five. Also, will the planned KL emulation
> support the bits needed to run TOPS-20?

  WAITS works. At least the KA10 versions. Both with and without the
  BBN pager. I have trouble booting some of the very earliest monitors.
  I am working with Bruce Baumgart to get a couple disk images up for
  people to play with. At the moment is it kind of complicated to
  prepare a disk image.

  The KA should be able to run Tenex if we can find a system or
  generate one. For the KL10, yes it will support Tops20 paging.

Rich

> Mike K
>
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2019, 7:30 AM Richard Cornwell <rich at sky-visions.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am pleased to announce a new set of simulators for the PDP10
> > series of computers by DEC. The simulators currently run the PDP6,
> > KA10 and KI10. I will be adding the KL10 later. The KA10 and KI10
> > simulators will run Tops 10 up to version 6.03. KA10 will run ITS
> > and includes support for many of the custom devices and networking.
> > The KA10 also will run various versions of WAITS (including those
> > that use the BBN pager).
> >
> > The PDP10 simulators support:
> >    Disk
> >    * RC10 RD10/RM10
> >    * RP10 RP01/RP02/RP03
> >    * RH10 RP04/RP06/RP07 (RP07 not supported under 6.03).
> >    * RH10 RS04
> >    * PMP (P. PETIT'S IBM CHANNEL)
> >
> >    Tape
> >    * TM10A or B
> >    * RH10 TM03/TU16
> >    * TD10 Dectape
> >
> >    Paper Tape
> >    * Punch
> >    * Reader
> >
> >    DC10E terminal mux.
> >    Morton tty Mux for ITS.
> >    Knight Kludge mux for ITS.
> >
> >    IMP networking support for ITS and WAITS.
> >    CH10 networking support for ITS.
> >
> >    340 Display Station support.
> >
> > The PDP6 simulator supports.
> >    * 270 Disk
> >    * 561 Magnetic tape.
> >    * 551 Dectape.
> >    * 340 Display station.
> >    * 630 terminal mux.
> >
> > I would like to thank Bob Supnik, Lars Brinkhoff, Mark Pizzolato,
> > pascalgp, Bruce Baumgart, Angelo Papenhoff, Bryan Jenson, Cory
> > Smelosky, Phile Budne, R. Voorhorst, Rich Alderson, Stephen Jones,
> > Al Kossow, and The Living Computerr Museum. All these helped in
> > various ways to get these simulators working. Either via testing,
> > contributing devices, or providing documentation or software.
> >
> >   Software kits for Tops 10 5.03 and 6.03 can be found at:
> >
> >    http://sky-visions.com/dec
> >
> >   ITS can be found at:
> >
> >    https://github.com/PDP-10/its
> >
> > As more software becomes available I will place them on my web site.
> > Tops 10 5.07 and Tops 10 4.5/4.72 are in the works. Possibly a Tenex
> > system can be built.
> >

> > Rich
> >
> > --

Richard Cornwell