[Simh] Release of PDP10 KA/KI and PDP6 simulators.

Richard Cornwell rich at sky-visions.com
Wed Jul 10 07:29:14 EDT 2019

I am pleased to announce a new set of simulators for the PDP10 series
of computers by DEC. The simulators currently run the PDP6, KA10 and
KI10. I will be adding the KL10 later. The KA10 and KI10 simulators
will run Tops 10 up to version 6.03. KA10 will run ITS and includes
support for many of the custom devices and networking. The KA10 also
will run various versions of WAITS (including those that use the BBN
pager).

The PDP10 simulators support:
   Disk
   * RC10 RD10/RM10
   * RP10 RP01/RP02/RP03
   * RH10 RP04/RP06/RP07 (RP07 not supported under 6.03).
   * RH10 RS04
   * PMP (P. PETIT'S IBM CHANNEL)

   Tape
   * TM10A or B
   * RH10 TM03/TU16
   * TD10 Dectape

   Paper Tape
   * Punch
   * Reader

   DC10E terminal mux.
   Morton tty Mux for ITS.
   Knight Kludge mux for ITS.

   IMP networking support for ITS and WAITS.
   CH10 networking support for ITS.

   340 Display Station support.

The PDP6 simulator supports.
   * 270 Disk
   * 561 Magnetic tape.
   * 551 Dectape.
   * 340 Display station.
   * 630 terminal mux.

I would like to thank Bob Supnik, Lars Brinkhoff, Mark Pizzolato,
pascalgp, Bruce Baumgart, Angelo Papenhoff, Bryan Jenson, Cory
Smelosky, Phile Budne, R. Voorhorst, Rich Alderson, Stephen Jones, Al
Kossow, and The Living Computerr Museum. All these helped in various
ways to get these simulators working. Either via testing, contributing
devices, or providing documentation or software.

  Software kits for Tops 10 5.03 and 6.03 can be found at:

   http://sky-visions.com/dec

  ITS can be found at:

   https://github.com/PDP-10/its

As more software becomes available I will place them on my web site.
Tops 10 5.07 and Tops 10 4.5/4.72 are in the works. Possibly a Tenex
system can be built.

Rich

Richard Cornwell
rich at sky-visions.com