[Simh] SIMH Raw disk usage

Wilm Boerhout wilm at boerhout.nl
Tue Jan 29 12:01:04 EST 2019

Hi Rich, answering like this is fine.

You appear to be using the “legacy” version of simh that is no longer
maintained by the current simh support group.

Please download V4.0 from github and build the nova emulator on your host
platform.

Then retry and report. The current simh version has extended capabilities
and a superb help system. Try “help attach” from the simh prompt.

Wilm

Op di 29 jan. 2019 om 17:34 schreef <richard at richard-harper.me.uk>

> Hi Wilm,
>
> I'm not sure if I'm replying to this properly  in terms of getting this
> linked to any previous mails.
>
> However,  my config file for the SIMH emulator I am using (for a DGC
> Nova),  to try and boot from a 4048 disk pack image is:
>
> SET DKP0 4048
> att DKP0 DKP_URDOS_4048.dsk
> set tti dasher
> SET CPU 64K
> boot DKP0
>
> The version is:
>

> NOVA simulator V3.9-0
>
> Simulation stopped, PC: 00401 (ADD# 1,0,SKP)
> sim> show version
> NOVA simulator V3.9-0 [32b data, 32b addresses, no Ethernet]
> sim>
>

> Regards
>
> Rich

Wilm