[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Brett Bump bbump at rsts.org
Wed Jan 23 01:11:01 EST 2019

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Jan 22, 2019, at 6:00 PM, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
>>
>> In article <CABr82SJodd8HHSGZjY8O_L5Uqc3j1ORJb7hT90VizYkjdQ0aiA at mail.gmail.com>,
>>    Mattis Lind <mattislind at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I have some DEC EDU material which I can scan if there are interest (and if
>>> it isn't scanned already by someone else):
>>>
>>> https://i.imgur.com/tqmcieK.jpg
>>
>> I'd like to see this one about MINI-RSTS!
>
> I remember seeing that before, quite possibly the same data sheet.  I never heard of it while at DEC (in RSTS development).  Perhaps it was a short lived early (V4 vintage) RSTS marketing exercise.
>
> 	paul

Paul and I had this discussion before about 12 years ago on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=RSTS-11&action=history

I believe RSTS-11 V4A-12 was probably given the name Mini-Rsts-11
by the marketing department (somewhat the same as MicroRSTS later).
MicroRSTS was a pregenned distribution with exactly the same code
that came on the distribution tapes, starting with RSTS/E V8.0-06.
There are many references to MicroRSTS, but I have only seen 2 for
Mini-Rsts (below is a link for our colleges RSTS-11 receipt).

http://www.rsts.org/images/minirsts.jpg

I know that this original distribution was V4A-12 so the name was
probably dropped by the time RSTS/E V5A-21 was released eight (8)
months later.

Brett