[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:13:45 EST 2019

Clem and others,

Thanks for the links and information. I would like to see even more of
the tapes and books from the early days made available (most modern
stuff is brought to life in the digital era and captured, but the old
stuff mostly only lives in notebooks, booklets, books, binders and tapes
that individuals possess). Thankfully, there's been a lot collected over
the years, but there's plenty still out there in jeopardy of not being
preserved. The 101 games book in bitsavers is great (the tape's even
better), but it's only one of many editions. Also, in my reading up on
this stuff, it appears that there was a DEC EDU newsletter before the
book, where're those? If y'all have them or something like them in your
basements, get them scanned before they rot away - or send them to
someone who will scan them in, these things are getting scarce and are
part of our (computing folks) historical record.

Regards,

Will

On 1/21/19 5:26 PM, Clem Cole wrote:
> Will here is your answer:
>
>     /... I also put together a bunch of games I had written and
>     collected from others and put them into a book, 101 Basic Computer
>     Games. Six years later, in 1979, this became the first
>     million-selling computer book ever."/
>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 6:09 PM Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org
> <mailto:aek at bitsavers.org>> wrote:
>

>     On 1/21/19 2:51 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
>
>     > As to which came first, the book or the tape
>     Some background on Ahl and where this comes from is here:
>
>     https://www.atarimagazines.com/creative/v10n11/66_Dave_tells_Ahl__the_hist.php

GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF