[Simh] pdp10 mux and clock issue?

Quentin North quentin at quentin.org.uk
Mon Feb 25 18:49:12 EST 2019

Hi Mark

Now using latest simh, I am experiencing the same problem with DZ, and if anything it might be worse in the sense that character output seems very slow even when working as expected. Config and ver as follows, telnet client is a linux mac port:

sim> show conf
PDP-10 simulator configuration

CPU     idle enabled, Serial: 4097 (default)
        1024KW, TOPS-10
PAG     2 units
  PAG0  512W
  PAG1  512W
TIM     address=3760770-3760775
        Y2K OS
FE      3 units
  FE0
  FE1
  FE2
UBA     2 units
  UBA0  64W
  UBA1  64W
PTR     disabled
PTP     disabled
RY      disabled
LP20    address=3775400-3775417, vector=754*, BR4, DAVFU not ready
        6 LPI
        attached to printer.out
CR      disabled
RP      address=1776700-1776747, vector=254, BR6, 8 units
  RP0   39MW, attached to disks/t10b.dsk, write enabled
        RP06
  RP1   39MW, not attached, write enabled
        RP06
  RP2   39MW, not attached, write enabled
        RP06
  RP3   39MW, not attached, write enabled
        RP06
  RP4   39MW, not attached, write enabled
        RP06
  RP5   39MW, not attached, write enabled
        RP06
  RP6   39MW, not attached, write enabled
        RP06
  RP7   39MW, not attached, write enabled
        RP06
TU      address=3772440-3772473, vector=224, BR6, 8 units
  TU0   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
  TU1   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
  TU2   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
  TU3   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
  TU4   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
  TU5   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
  TU6   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
  TU7   not attached, write enabled, SIMH format
        unlimited capacity
DZ      address=3760010-3760017, vector=340-344*, BR5, lines=8
        attached to 2020, 8b, 1 current connection
XU      disabled
DUP     disabled
KDP     disabled
DMR     disabled
CH      disabled
sim> show ver
PDP-10 simulator V4.0-0 Current
    Simulator Framework Capabilities:
        64b data
        32b addresses
        Threaded Ethernet Packet transports:PCAP:TAP:NAT:UDP
        Idle/Throttling support is available
        Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) support
        RAW disk and CD/DVD ROM support
        Asynchronous I/O support (Lock free asynchronous event queue)
        Asynchronous Clock support
        FrontPanel API Version 12
    Host Platform:
        Compiler: GCC 4.9.2
        Simulator Compiled as C arch: x64 (Release Build) on Feb 25 2019 at 23:20:49
        Memory Access: Little Endian
        Memory Pointer Size: 64 bits
        Large File (>2GB) support
        SDL Video support: No Video Support
        RegEx support for EXPECT commands
        OS clock resolution: 1ms
        Time taken by msleep(1): 1ms
        OS: Linux hp2000 3.16.0-7-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.59-1 (2018-10-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux
        git commit id: fa10e1de
        git commit time: 2019-02-23T16:46:25-08:00
sim>