[Simh] 3B2 Install Guide Correction

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Mon Feb 18 14:56:29 EST 2019

SIMH Fans,

I'm endeavoring to follow the install UNIX from scratch guide at:

    https://LoomCom.com/3b2/installing_unix.html

On my first attempt I overlooked an error at the end of the format hard disk
step, and encountered out of disk space errors during the install process.
I tried again using a downloaded preformatted disk image and encountering
the same out of disk space errors during the install.  I finally noticed the
boot.ini file at the beginning of the article has:

    set id0 hd161

instead of:

    set idisk0 hd161

After making the above correction my install appears to be progressing
normally.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.