[Simh] Folks who have old DECUS tapes... look for something for me?

Dave Shevett shevett at pobox.com
Sat Dec 28 23:04:41 EST 2019

I saw a couple posts about people who had access to old DECUS
archives.  This is a long shot, but I might as well ask.

When I was a wee undergrad at RIT, I sucked as a student, but I loved
coding games.  I wrote a couple games that ran under VMS - they were
all in BASIC (whichever variant of BASIC was active on VMS in 1982),
but used the ReGIS graphics library for doing games on the terminals.

One was called Labyrinth, and I'm pretty sure it outlasted my tenure
there.  A dungeon crawling game.

The other might have just been called Trek.  Used a custom font loaded
into the ReGIS graphics lib and had little starships and stuff in it.
IT was a rewrite of one of the old Creative Computing games.

I don't suppose ya'll have seen either of these around, and if so, can
send me the source code?  That would be a major goal of mine to get
those running again.

 -d

--
Dave Shevett