[Simh] Unattended background SIMH process

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:15:37 EST 2019

What it sounds like you need, is  for simh to detect the shutdown interrupt
itself, and then save the current state of everything in the machine to a
file. Upon power-up, it then needs to restore back to that state.
You;d have to save the current configuration settings,  state of memory,
cpu registers, device structures, etc., and then be able to read it all
back in and restore everything back to a working state. Could get
complicated, for example the disk drive have a timer in them so that they
don't respond instantly to read requests, so this type of thing would need
to be saved.
Is it possible to manually do this right now? Store the state of a machine,
them restore it back using simh commands to individually reset all the
devices?