[Simh] Bob's interview with the computer history museum is online!

Jason Stevens jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Wed Aug 28 00:17:57 EDT 2019

This just showed up on YouTube, although it is dated back from May 9th, 2017.

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tcCBHRIfU
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk7ygEZxV9Q

It’s pretty long, but it’s well worth the watch.

>From the decline of the old big iron business, the rise and fall of the Alpha to the biggest optimization strategy (optimize for space, and run in the l1 cache!) It’s a great interview.

On the second part, the mic gets knocked, and I think there is some RF interference with the recording so be careful of levels if you are on headphones.

Thanks again to Robert & everyone else for their tireless work on SIMH and preserving computing past.