[Simh] The missing PDPs

Warren Young tangentsoft at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:45:29 EDT 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 7:18 AM Pontus Pihlgren <pontus at update.uu.se> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 06:39:06AM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> > What I was really hoping for in asking the question is some old science
> lab
> > experiments based on the A/D converters that we could replicate in
> > kitchen-table science fashion.
>
> Something like this?
>
> http://www.pdp8online.com/images/linctape-images/dial.shtml

Yes, much better than SPACEWAR.

To be complete, you'd want to have the hardware interface specs for the EEG
hardware as well, so you could find or build the sensor hardware that the
hardware expects to get input from. There are definitely DIY EEG projects,
but what voltages and currents is this software expecting? Does it assume
input frequency filtering, or does it actually do software anti-aliasing?
Or neither? Etc.

Once the simulator is up and running, we can talk about new applications. A
PDP-12 replica running your Christmas light display would earn many geek
points. :)