[Simh] going back to the VAX console with CTRL P

gérard Calliet gerard.calliet at pia-sofer.fr
Tue Aug 6 17:24:56 EDT 2019

Hello,

I didn't want to be boring and create a philosophical discution. It was
a naïve question.

And in fact, I could do what I wanted to do (ask for softint #14 to
initiate xdelta debugger) by program.

simh console and VAX emulated console have not same syntax to interact
with registers, and getting simh console with a ctrl p doesn't give a
VAX console, but a simh console (where some similar things can be done,
but not with similar syntax).

And I was already using telnet console to separate simh initiator (the
context where I launch simh and do the do somefile.ini) and VAX emulated
console. In this organization the (telnet) Vax console does'nt see any
ctrl e or ctrl p, which are seen in the simh initiator context. So the
problem persists.

But don't worry about that, there are other ways to do what I need.

Gérard Calliet