[Simh] Imaging SCSI HD's

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Mon Apr 22 00:15:57 EDT 2019

Thanks for jogging my mind, it’s been a long time since I’ve done something like this.  I should be able to come up with larger SCSI drives in each of these cases.

This thread has also got me thinking, and I need to try and find my notes for how I was imaging RL01 and RL02 disk packs on my VAXen 20+ years ago (for use in SIMH).  I was doing that under VMS, probably 5.5-2 or 7.2, and able to go both to and from a disk pack.

I’m pretty sure I’ve posted the procedure for the disk packs, but can’t find it online.  The real joke is I’ve apparently done this in the past with SCSI drives and dd, as I found a message from me, 14 years ago, advising someone to do something like the following:

dd if=/dev/sda0 ibs=512 obs=512 of=/tmp/vax_image.dsk

Zane