[Simh] VAX physical address space

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Apr 21 21:03:09 EDT 2019

Ouch! You're right (of course).

I just assumed that NVAX actually implemented the full address space
defined by the changed page table, but it only do 32 bits, and actually
seem to ignore the two high bits of the PFN in the PTE.

I don't think I have never looked at this enough before to see that detail.

Oh well. I stand (very) corrected.

By the way. was there any Qbus system that used NVAX? Otherwise I'm not
sure what the Qbus reference were about. Or was it just the comment
about that the NVAX could also run with the old format for PTEs?

   Johnny