[Simh] VAX 8200/8250

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Apr 6 18:43:24 EDT 2019

On 2019-04-06 22:28, Timothy Stark wrote:
> I was surprised to see that!  Very good news!!  Good job!  I will try that soon.
>
> For 8250/8350, you need two MP processors.  Does vax820 emulate two MP processors like VAX-11/782?

The 8250 multiprocessor uses VAXBI for interconnection, and it's a
symmetric multiprocessor system.
The VAX-11/782 was a very different beast with shared memory, and
asymmetric multiprocessing.

But as far as I know, simh supports neither, as it don't really manage
multiple processors that easily in general. Too much global data, if I
remember right.

   Johnny