[Simh] Help with loading vax82b zip file into simh/vms

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Thu Apr 4 23:02:25 EDT 2019

Ron,

Are you unable to FTP from your VAX?  If you are able to FTP, which FTP client do you use?  What does it do with the APL.V30 file from EISNER.DECUS.ORG <http://eisner.decus.org/>?  I.e., what does DIR/FULL APL.V30 say after you download it?  Does it matter how you download it?  I.e., in ASCII or BINARY mode?  Some other mode your FTP client supports to handle RMS file attributes?  With the MultiNet FTP client on our OpenVMS Alpha system and the MultiNet FTP server on EISNER.DECUS.ORG <http://eisner.decus.org/>, all that gets taken care of automagically.

I'm puzzled about what kind of help can be offered.  Your subject says you want help to load the DECUS VAX82B ZIP file, but you say you can't find one.  You have downloaded APL.V30 from EISNER.DECUS.ORG <http://eisner.decus.org/> somehow, as yet not explained.  You have shown us what Linux thinks of the file, which is not really relevant.  What does your VAX think of the file?  Is that the only file you care about?  If so, I can probably send you a .txt file version of it.  What help would you like?

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker at usgs.gov