[Simh] More on DMA to IO page

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 16:17:06 EDT 2018

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 3:59 PM, Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> wrote:

> Personally, I like Tim's solution of a private interface between consenting devices. That would certainly work for the GT40 and its ROM too.

But if it's a private interface, that means you couldn't do a KMC emulation which runs KMC microcode that talks to some device you aren't already covering as a "consenting" partner.  And my "disk refresh of a display device" wouldn't work, though that's not likely to be code found in the wild.

Did any KMC based comms software use the KG11 for its CRC?  Or does the KMC do that internally well enough?

	paul