[Simh] Simulating a GT40

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Sep 4 09:53:30 EDT 2018

minor nit/detail ...

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 2:05 PM Timothe Litt <litt at ieee.org> wrote:

> Once our CAD group moved off the -10s, the next step was Sun
>     workstations for schematic capture (VALID).
>
> Valid was not Sun Micro Systems.  The were Stanford University Network
Termnal (aka SUN), that were linesed by VLSI Technology (later renamed
SMI); as were a number of other forms such as Imagen.

Little known details... Masscomp (as ex-DEC HW folks) used the Valid
systems also.  tjt and I hacked together a microcode assembler in lex/yacc
over the course of a few days/weeks that was the same syntax and features
of the old DEC internal microcode assembler Paul Gaulbau and teams had used
on the Vax et al. (I might even have it somewhere - Clem-isms - spelling
errors/dyslexia in the comment headers)  DEC-West had a number of
macro/library files they had developed for the Valid.   One night mag tapes
of each mysteriuslly appeared at the other firm. ;-)

ᐧ