[Simh] Simulating a GT40

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Sep 3 11:52:22 EDT 2018

On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 8:37 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 9/3/18 8:35 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
> >

> > On 9/3/18 8:17 AM, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
> >
> >> Was this code really present in ROM in that system?
> >
> > yes, it is located on one of the hex cards in the VT-11 part of the
> > custom 11/05 backplane in the GT-40
>
> http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/dec/gt40/
>
> for details

Interesting...

I'm a little confused though.  I certainly understand using the GT40
as a standalone system to run Lunar Lander.   That's great fun.

Meanwhile, if the GT40 could be some sort of terminal to some other
system, how was it connected to that other system?  Serial line via the
DL device?

Also, how/where was the LK40 keyboard connected to the system?
Through the DL device?  Was there more than one DL device?

- Mark