[Simh] Simulating a GT40

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon Sep 3 03:21:41 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'd like to set up SIMH to simulate a GT40 as closely as possible.  To
be precise, the GT40 that was a the MIT AI Lab.

So far, I have this:

set cpu 11/05
set cpu 16k
set dli enabled
set dli lines=2
set vt enabled
set vt crt=vr14

First, according to the bootstrap ROM, there is a DL11 at address
175610.  I get this with "set dli lines=2".  However, I'm not sure I
need two of them.  I tried "set dli address=175610", but then I got:
Non-existent parameter.  Am I not supposed to be able to set the base
address?

Second, is there a way to load a ROM image at address 166000?  The
bootstrap listing says this is where it's supposed to be.  The ROM makes
the GT40 works as an ASCII terminal, but has a way to enter a mode where
it will load a program sent from the host.  I'd like to be able to use
this mode.