[Simh] ANDROID 7.0 .... simh "make vax" error....

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Sep 2 14:09:59 EDT 2018

On Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 7:31 PM, Mark Abene wrote:
> Yes. Depending on context, one would use either of FNDELAY,
> O_NDELAY, or O_NONBLOCK, for clarity.
> In reality, they all mean the same thing. SeeĀ
> /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/fcntl-linux.h to see why
> that is.  In the case of android, try O_NONBLOCK, or try using
> ioctl instead of fcntl (FNDELAY doesn't exist on android, so use
> one of the other names).

Thanks for that pointer.  Implied there is that the FNDELAY comes
from some desire for BSD compatibility which it seems reasonable
for Android not to be too worried about.

I was surprised that Android's termios sys calls didn't support
TCSAFLUSH, so we had to switch to TCSANOW on Android.

The recent change (adding FNDELAY) was added to accommodate
a different Linux platform which didn't honor the termio setting of
VMIN=0 and VTIME=0 settings which define non blocking I/O.

> I can't see the surrounding code, so there may be a bit more
> work involved.

Nope.  The name change was all that was needed.

-Mark