[Simh] SCSI-Interface for simh-vax?

Eberhard Heuser eberhard.heuser at chemie.uni-konstanz.de
Sat Sep 1 22:00:11 EDT 2018

Newer systems (alpha,itanium) have drivers for SCSI,IDE and USB, that
accept "RAW"-I/O.
That means that it is possible to read and write via SCSI-commands. You
must use IO$_DIAGNOSE
in your sys$qiow-command:
         status = sys$qiow ( 1, gk_channel, IO$_DIAGNOSE,
             &disk_iosb, 0, 0,
             &gk_desc, sizeof(gk_desc), 0, 0, 0, 0);
The pudriver hasn't this capability. The first class driver that accepts
raw commands is the SCSI-driver
(dkdriver/pkdriver).

I have written a writer program for VMS that produces CD/DVD/BLU-RAY and
the VAX-version works
definitely for CD-R(W) and DVD+-R(W).

Eberhard