[Simh] TINTE is not TECO either

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Nov 12 10:04:40 EST 2018

> On Nov 12, 2018, at 9:55 AM, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:
>
> BTW: My old friend and college, Paul Cantrell's Video Teco is still one the best and most portable:  Video Teco Manual    Video Teco Sources

Speaking of portable -- as a language learning exercise I did an implementation of TECO in Python.  It includes screen handling as if running on a GT40.  One fun aspect is that the Python 3 version, naturally, treats text as Unicode rather than 8 bit text.

Maybe I should post it somewhere for others to play with.  It's not the best Python code, but it gets the job done.  I wish I could find the GT40 editing macros, though.

	paul