[Simh] MIT PDP-11/45 TK vector display

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon May 14 05:13:46 EDT 2018

Hello,

One of the MIT LOGO implementations used to run on a PDP-11/45 with some
number of "TK" vector displays attached.  I don't think they had an
official name, but they were made by Tom Knight.

There is a game called Dazzle Dart which uses this display.  Here is a
description of the game: http://www.kaleberg.com/dazzle/dazzle.html.  I
have source code for the game, and Hal Abelson which is one of the
authors has granted permission to release it.

I'd like to gague if there's any interest in adding support to SIMH for
this display?  I don't have time myself, but I'll provide help.  At this
point, there's no documentation for the hardware interface; maybe Tom
Knight has something.  There's a PDP-10 simulator for the display, so
maybe that can be a source of information.