[Simh] Problems running simH in Android

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Mon May 7 02:46:35 EDT 2018

I did a little digging and struggled with typing a whole bunch on my
phone.
The problem you’re seeing is due to the Linux OS environment you’re
running under doesn’t support ‘raw’ mode for terminal I/O.  When you
start a simulator the traffic to/from the simulated console device is
expected to be exactly the characters that the user types on the console
keyboard.  To achieve this, the current tt mode is gathered with tcgetattr()
then those attributes are adjusted so that every character typed is received
without any interpretation by the OS and output is also not translated (i.e.
\n only sends a LF character instead of CRLF characters).  The error message,
you seeing is due to the call a tcsetattr() failing.