[Simh] UNIT_RO in simulated units

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Sun Mar 25 20:13:38 EDT 2018

Again, the question is whether you want them to be "read only" to the
device simulator or to SCP itself.

Typically, I've wanted paper-tape readers to respond to DEPOSIT, so that
I can make changes or corrections to an input file. The "read only"
nature of a paper-tape reader comes from the device simulator not having
any code to write to the associated file. If you want to block DEPOSIT,
then what you suggest is the correct course of action.

/Bob