[Simh] Problem booting RSX11M on pdp11 (halt at loc 0)

Phil Fisher phil.fisher at peejayeff.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 16:21:09 EDT 2018

I have checked up some information and found the following. (if anyone wants to see the INI file or the disk image I can send that directly as a 7zip file).

Looking at the dump of the disk file it looks like a valid boot block although (as below from offset 0):

0000000  000240  000406  000000  002467  000000  000000  000000  000000

0000010  012704  001000  ...

suggesting a code start of:

    NOP
    BR 1$
    .word 0
    .word 02467
    .word 0
    .word 0
    .word 0
    .word 0
1$: MOV #1000,R4

all values in octal.

So to me this looks at least sensible.  Alas I cannot recall what the old RK05 boot block looked like for comparison as I was at one time VERY familiar with that.

So my thoughts are that BOOT is broken somehow or I have majorly screwed up the INI file.

Phil
Phil J Fisher           phil.fisher at peejayeff.co.uk