[Simh] qvss (vcb01) configuration , No known examples ?

James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Tue Jun 26 17:15:42 EDT 2018

 	Hello Henry ,

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018, Henry Bent wrote:

> Hi JimL,
>
> I have a fully working emulation of a MicroVAX II running Ultrix 2.3 and
> X11R1 on Linux locally, with the most recent SIMH from git.  Is there a
> specific configuration you are looking to replicate, or have I
> misunderstood your question?
> -Henry

 	The configuration for at the simh level for one .  I've tried putting in
the 'SET CPU MODEL=VAXStation' and 'SET QVSS ENABLE" got me a segmentation fault
.
 	With just the 'SET CPU MODEL=VAXStation' the config runs without any
difficulties .  I am uninformed enough that I am worried that this command needs
other or more configuration in order to bring up *windows* at OS runtime .

 	If I can get the 'Necessary' and hopefully correct 'SET' commands that
will not cause other or more difficulties .

 	And BTW I am being very dumbed'down in my requests above as SIMH is of
new use to me .  I have a qbus varient of the 3900 (or there abouts) which I
have much time spent on .

 	A Ray Jewhurst ,  Is also looking for such info at both the SIMH level &
then in the appropriate configuration at the DecWindows level .

 		Tia ,  JimL