[Simh] VAX emulation issues on Raspberry Pi

Jeremy Begg jeremy at vsm.com.au
Tue Jul 31 09:12:08 EDT 2018

Hi,

Thanks all for your further comments, and I stand corrected on the nature of
the calculations performed to set up an SSH session.  I think at this point
I'll give up on the SSH and rework my remote access to the machine.

>> The license wouldn't be an issue if the SET CPU MODEL command worked.
>It looks as though it works - but not as you (or I) expect.  It defines
>the SimH model - which is mostly I/O devices.
>
>Your issue is with the SYS_TYPE register, which lives at location
>0x40004 in I/O space of MicroVAX systems.
>This is the ROM - SimH just uses what is loaded.  It's included in the
>ROM checksum.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, and it makes complete sense.  I'll do
some experiments.

Regards,

	Jeremy Begg